Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie make statement with no-show as Prince Andrew drops titles

Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice have found themselves in an awkwad situation after their father Prince Andrew announced that he would no longer use his Duke of York title.

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie have made a huge decision after Prince Andrew announced he’d stop using his royal titles. On Friday, the disgraced Prince announced that he had been consulting his brother, King Charles, about his role within The Royal Family.

In recent years, the Prince, 65, has been surrounded by scandal due to his close friendship with convicted peadophile, Jeffrey Epstein. On December 30, 2014, in a court filing in Florida, he was accused of participating in sexual activities with a minor, Virgina Roberts Giuffre, who was allegedly trafficked by Epstein, in March 2001.

During an interview with BBC Newsnight in November 2019, Andrew, the son of the late Queen Elizabeth strongly denied all allegations against him and claimed he had never met Virginia and told host Emily Maitlis he was at a Pizza Express restaurant in Woking on the night in question.

Their Royal Highnesses Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie pulled out of an event at the last minute
Their Royal Highnesses Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie pulled out of an event at the last minute

More recently, an email from Andrew sent to Epstien in 2011, saw the Prince say they were “in this together”, despite telling Maitlis that he cut contact with him in December 2010. As the coverage surrounding Andrew increased, he announced on Friday that he would no longer use his Duke of York title and any royal honours that had been bestowed on him, as “the continued accusations about me distract from the work of His Majesty and the royal family. As I have said previously, I vigorously deny the accusations against me.”

The sisters had been scheduled to attend an event on Saturday – but pulled out at the last minute
The sisters had been scheduled to attend an event on Saturday – but pulled out at the last minute

But now, his two daughters appear to have withdrawn from their public appearances for the time being as media reports swirl about their father. Princess Beatrice, 37, and Eugenie, 35, had been scheduled to attend an event at the British Museum over the weekend attended by celebrities and members of the aristocracy – but failed to show.

The sisters have been put in an awkward position following the allegations surrounding their father, Prince Andrew
The sisters have been put in an awkward position following the allegations surrounding their father, Prince Andrew

The sister’s had been set to appear at the Pink Ball, which was aiming to mirror the famous Met Gala event which takes place in New York every May. Naomi Campbell, Janet Jackson and Diana, Princess of Wales’ niece, Lady Kitty Spencer were all on the guest list, alongside the two Princesses.

While there had been no public announcement that Beatrice and Eugenie were attending, Hello! Magazine claims that the sisters were on the guest list but failed to attend. Although their father will no longer use his royal titles, and neither will their mother, Sarah Duchess of York, the two sisters will not be impacted this.

Prince Andrew announced he will stop publicly using his Duke title and other royal honours – meaning Sarah Ferguson's Duchess title will no longer be used
Prince Andrew announced he will stop publicly using his Duke title and other royal honours – meaning Sarah Ferguson’s Duchess title will no longer be used

They retain their Princess of York titles, as are princesses by birth. And Andrew will retain his Prince title, due to being the son of a Monarch – but he will not use any other titles in an official capacity. Sarah, who remained Duchess of York following her divorce from Andrew has also lose her courtsey title following Andrew’s announcement on Friday.

In a rare statement shared by Buckingham Palace, he said: “In discussion with The King, and my immediate and wider family, we have concluded the continued accusations about me distract from the work of His Majesty and the Royal Family. I have decided, as I always have, to put my duty to my family and country first. I stand by my decision five years ago to stand back from public life.

“With His Majesty’s agreement, we feel I must now go a step further. I will therefore no longer use my title or the honours which have been conferred upon me. As I have said previously, I vigorously deny the accusations against me.”

However, the government could strip Andrew of his Prince title, if Letters Patent were issued by the King. Energy Secretary, Ed Milliband told Sky News’ Sunday Morning With Trevor Phillips programme: “I think in this we’re going to be guided by the palace and the royal family.

“Obviously, all of our sympathies and the sympathies of your viewers at this time are with Virginia Giuffre and her family as to these really concerning set of issues. But I think it’s really important as a Government minister, that we allow the royal family to make decisions on these questions.”

Prince Andrew strongly denies all allegations made against him.

Related Posts

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s surprising new job for first time after eviction

Since stepping back from official duties in 2019, Prince Andrew has remained a subject of public interest, particularly regarding his residence, financial arrangements, and relationship with the Royal…

Meghan Markle Accidentally Confirms Prince Harry Rumor

Public interest in the lives of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex remains high, particularly when new projects involving Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are released. Recently,…

Mystery woman in Epstein file photo with Andrew finally identified

The long-running investigation into the activities of convicted financier Jeffrey Epstein continues to generate public interest, particularly regarding individuals who had documented associations with him. Among the most widely…

‘I worked for Princess Eugenie – here’s what she’s really like behind closed doors’

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, the daughters of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, have maintained a relatively low public profile in recent months, a pattern that has…

The Royal Family Shares an Important Update on 18-Year-Old James

James Alexander Philip Theo Mountbatten-Windsor, known publicly as the Earl of Wessex, reached his 18th birthday on 17 December 2025. While this milestone is a routine transition…

Princess Diana’s Death Reexamined: Alarming New Clues Shatter the “Accident” Story!

Princess Diana’s tragic death in Paris on August 31, 1997, alongside Dodi Fayed, the son of businessman Mohamed Al Fayed, shocked the world and led to decades…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *