Why King Charles ‘doesn’t feel great’ about handing throne to ‘stubborn’ Prince William

King Charles III is royally unhappy about chatter surrounding Prince William’s succession.

The monarch, specifically, has reportedly “not [been] thrilled” by speculation his eldest son is running the show amid the 77-year-old’s cancer battle, according to Us Weekly.

“He doesn’t feel great about it, as he has finally attained the position he has waited for his whole life,” a source told the outlet Tuesday. “Now that he’s king, everyone is focused on who will come next.”

The insider claimed William, 43, is “strong-minded and stubborn” in royal matters — and that he and wife Kate Middleton are sending a clear message of power to the public.

The outlet highlighted the couple’s regal appearance at a state banquet earlier this month as a means of showing “the monarchy is healthy regardless of what happens with [the king].”

The source also pointed to their son Prince George “tak[ing] on more responsibilities” in recent months, proving “the next generation is already in view.”

Charles, who ascended the throne in September 2022 when Queen Elizabeth II died, went public with his cancer diagnosis last year.

King Charles addressed the public with a rare health update this month. Picture: Aaron Chown/PA via AP, Pool
King Charles addressed the public with a rare health update this month

In King Charles’ most recent health update earlier this month, he said his “schedule of cancer treatment can be reduced in the new year” due to “early diagnosis, effective intervention and adherence to doctors’ orders.”

A second source insisted to Us Weekly that Charles has not “relinquished” any control to William during his health struggles.

“William has his own office and staff separate from the king, and he and Charles work closely together,” the insider claimed. “Charles believes William will do an incredible job as king, and he’s very supportive. [When] they don’t agree, [William] respects his father’s decisions.”

The individual did acknowledge that the Prince of Wales has adopted a “more serious” and “very presidential” manner.

“The palace is consciously elevating and presenting him in an authoritative manner, anticipating what’s to come,” the source said before breaking down William and Middleton’s “new monarchy” plans.

Charles is said to be unhappy that attention is turning to his successor, Prince William (pictured, right). Picture: Jordan Pettitt/Pool Photo via AP,
Charles is said to be unhappy that attention is turning to his successor, Prince William

“They are completely modernising it,” the outlet reported. “There will be changes in terms of how The Firm is run, and antiquated rules will change. There will be more freedom.”

Additionally, the source shared the duo’s planned downsizing tactics to have “less people, less drama.”

Reps for William and Charles did not immediately respond to Page Six’s requests for comment.

William hinted at how he will “change” the monarchy “for good” during an October sit-down with Eugene Levy for “The Reluctant Traveler.”

“I embrace that, I enjoy … change,” he said at the time. “I don’t fear it, that’s the bit that excites me, the idea of being able to bring some change. Not overly radical, but changes that I think need to happen.”

Elsewhere in the interview, the prince noted, “If you’re not careful, history can be a real weight and an anchor around you, and you can feel suffocated by it and restricted by it too much. And I think it’s important to live for the here and now.”

Related Posts

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s surprising new job for first time after eviction

Since stepping back from official duties in 2019, Prince Andrew has remained a subject of public interest, particularly regarding his residence, financial arrangements, and relationship with the Royal…

Meghan Markle Accidentally Confirms Prince Harry Rumor

Public interest in the lives of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex remains high, particularly when new projects involving Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are released. Recently,…

Mystery woman in Epstein file photo with Andrew finally identified

The long-running investigation into the activities of convicted financier Jeffrey Epstein continues to generate public interest, particularly regarding individuals who had documented associations with him. Among the most widely…

‘I worked for Princess Eugenie – here’s what she’s really like behind closed doors’

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, the daughters of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, have maintained a relatively low public profile in recent months, a pattern that has…

The Royal Family Shares an Important Update on 18-Year-Old James

James Alexander Philip Theo Mountbatten-Windsor, known publicly as the Earl of Wessex, reached his 18th birthday on 17 December 2025. While this milestone is a routine transition…

Princess Diana’s Death Reexamined: Alarming New Clues Shatter the “Accident” Story!

Princess Diana’s tragic death in Paris on August 31, 1997, alongside Dodi Fayed, the son of businessman Mohamed Al Fayed, shocked the world and led to decades…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *