Prince Harry addresses major rumour about post-royal life: ‘Wrong’

Prince Harry has shot down the major claim dogging him about his post-royal life in a wide-ranging new interview.

The Duke of Sussex has just wrapped up a very high-profile trip back to the UK, during which he finally sat down face-to-face for a “private tea” with the King after more than 18 months.

It’s a significant step in the process of repairing their fractured relationship, and many have speculated that some of Harry’s motivation could be a feeling of discontent with his and Meghan’s life in Montecito.

Speaking to The Guardian during a surprise stopover in Ukraine en route back to California over the weekend, the duke insisted the reports are “wrong”.

“I think parts of the British press want to believe that I am miserable, but I’m not. I am very happy with who I am and I like the life that I live,” he said.

“It is only in certain elements of the press where you see this talk about me being down or saying I am not smiling. This comes from people who think they know what I am thinking and how I am feeling. They are wrong.”

Prince Harry during an appearance in London last week. Picture: Suzanne Plunkett-Pool/Getty Images
Prince Harry during an appearance in London last week.

However, Harry conceded that he had experienced “stressful” moments in the public eye in recent years, including his multiple court battles with UK news publications.

“I have certainly had to deal with some very stressful events over the last four years,” he said. “There has been the uncertainty and stress of the litigation and finding out certain things that have really, really hurt.”

Harry has come under heavy fire for his decision to expose his personal issues with family members – namely, the King and Queen and the Prince and Princess of Wales – over the years in interviews and his memoir, but his interview made clear he has no regrets.

“I know that [speaking out] annoys some people and it goes against the narrative. The book? It was a series of corrections to stories already out there. One point of view had been put out and it needed to be corrected.”

He added: “I don’t believe that I aired my dirty laundry in public. It was a difficult message, but I did it in the best way possible. My conscience is clear … It is not about revenge, it is about accountability.”

In another telling moment in the interview, which took place as part of an Invictus Games Foundation initiative, Harry reportedly indicated he needs to see the King more often, declaring “the focus really has to be on [his] dad” over the coming year.

Harry visited Ukraine before returning to the US. Picture: Handout/Telegram account of Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Svyrydenko/AFP
Harry visited Ukraine before returning to the US

Harry also confirmed he hoped to bring his two young children, Prince Archie, 6, and Princess Lilibet, 4, to the UK despite losing a court battle against its government over his security arrangements.

Harry was back in his home country last week to participate in the annual WellChild Awards – of which he is patron – and a string of other charity events.

Last Wednesday night, a smiling Harry turned up at a glitzy Invictus Games reception in central London, about half an hour later than his scheduled arrival as a result of his meeting with the King.

When asked about his father at the event, Harry responded briefly: “yes, he’s great, thank you.”

The King flew back to London from Balmoral to see Harry last Wednesday night. Picture: Aaron Chown – Pool/Getty Images
The King flew back to London from Balmoral to see Harry last Wednesday night

He also made a cheeky nod to his lateness, joking with attendees: “I think this whole thing has been delayed slightly, so at this point you’re all hammered – which was part of the plan all along, stuck up here at the top of the Gherkin.”

Unlike previous whistlestop visits, Harry is spending several days back in the UK, undertaking a number of charity engagements. It’s believed he will be returning home to Montecito, where he lives with Meghan and their two children, Prince Archie, 6, and Princess Lilibet, 4, on Thursday, UK time.

According to sources close to the duke, he was in “a good headspace” going into his UK return.

The insider added that he was “very happy” with his life in California, despite previous speculation that he was eyeing off a return to the royal fold.

Related Posts

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s surprising new job for first time after eviction

Since stepping back from official duties in 2019, Prince Andrew has remained a subject of public interest, particularly regarding his residence, financial arrangements, and relationship with the Royal…

Meghan Markle Accidentally Confirms Prince Harry Rumor

Public interest in the lives of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex remains high, particularly when new projects involving Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are released. Recently,…

Mystery woman in Epstein file photo with Andrew finally identified

The long-running investigation into the activities of convicted financier Jeffrey Epstein continues to generate public interest, particularly regarding individuals who had documented associations with him. Among the most widely…

‘I worked for Princess Eugenie – here’s what she’s really like behind closed doors’

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, the daughters of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, have maintained a relatively low public profile in recent months, a pattern that has…

The Royal Family Shares an Important Update on 18-Year-Old James

James Alexander Philip Theo Mountbatten-Windsor, known publicly as the Earl of Wessex, reached his 18th birthday on 17 December 2025. While this milestone is a routine transition…

Princess Diana’s Death Reexamined: Alarming New Clues Shatter the “Accident” Story!

Princess Diana’s tragic death in Paris on August 31, 1997, alongside Dodi Fayed, the son of businessman Mohamed Al Fayed, shocked the world and led to decades…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *