Meghan Markle’s upcoming UK visit depends on 1 thing, insider says

Meghan Markle could return to the UK this year for the first time since 2022. It has been reported that The Duchess of Sussex, 44, could be joining her husband Prince Harry at an Invictus Games event in Birmingham in July.

The event will be to mark the one-year countdown party for the Invictus Games 2027, which will be held in Birmingham. Although details of the event are yet to be confirmed, it is believed Prince Harry will definitely be set to attend.

While it is also believed Meghan will be in attendance, an insider has said her presence depends on one thing – security.

A source told The Sun: “Security is always going to be the deciding factor in this.”

At the moment, Harry is currently waiting for the results of a review by Ravec and the Home Office into his taxpayer-funded armed security rights when he is in the UK.

When he quit royal life in 2020 and moved to America, the prince lost his 24 hour police protection in the UK.

While he still gets police protection when he visits the UK, the amount he gets is decided on a case-by-case basis.

Meghan Markle at the late Queen's funeral
Meghan was last in the UK in 2022 for the late Queen’s funeral

The prince has fought against this, losing a court case to get his 24 hour police protection in the UK reinstated last year. The duke has said that without this protection, he thinks the UK is too unsafe to bring his wife Meghan and their children Prince Archie, six, and Princess Lilibet, four, to.

However, if this review sees Harry get his 24 hour taxpayer funded police protection rights back in the UK, it is believed Meghan, Archie and Lilibet will be returning to the prince’s home country alongside him more often.

Meghan, Archie and Lilibet have not visited the UK since 2022, with Harry instead making solo trips across the pond while they stay at the family’s Montecito mansion in California.

Related Posts

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s surprising new job for first time after eviction

Since stepping back from official duties in 2019, Prince Andrew has remained a subject of public interest, particularly regarding his residence, financial arrangements, and relationship with the Royal…

Meghan Markle Accidentally Confirms Prince Harry Rumor

Public interest in the lives of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex remains high, particularly when new projects involving Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are released. Recently,…

Mystery woman in Epstein file photo with Andrew finally identified

The long-running investigation into the activities of convicted financier Jeffrey Epstein continues to generate public interest, particularly regarding individuals who had documented associations with him. Among the most widely…

‘I worked for Princess Eugenie – here’s what she’s really like behind closed doors’

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, the daughters of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, have maintained a relatively low public profile in recent months, a pattern that has…

The Royal Family Shares an Important Update on 18-Year-Old James

James Alexander Philip Theo Mountbatten-Windsor, known publicly as the Earl of Wessex, reached his 18th birthday on 17 December 2025. While this milestone is a routine transition…

Princess Diana’s Death Reexamined: Alarming New Clues Shatter the “Accident” Story!

Princess Diana’s tragic death in Paris on August 31, 1997, alongside Dodi Fayed, the son of businessman Mohamed Al Fayed, shocked the world and led to decades…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *