Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Sarah Ferguson plot huge royal return from exile

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Sarah Ferguson will make a dramatic royal return when they attend their granddaughter’s christening on Friday. Princess Beatrice, 37, and husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, 42, will bring close family and friends to the Chapel Royal at St James’s Palace for the christening of their daughter, Athena.

A source said: “It’s going to be a royal occasion but everyone is dreading the thought of seeing Andrew there.” According to the Daily Mail, the source revealed relations between Beatrice and her father are strained but it would be “cruel” for her not to invite Andrew to the event.

Sarah Ferguson Prince Andrew

They revealed: “Beatrice has, of course invited her father. But things are not warm between them. However, she’s worried about him. He’s going through a low ebb with his mental health and she recognises that he dotes on his grandchildren and it would be cruel to deprive him of the chance to attend the christening.”

The source added: “Some careful conversations and diplomacy with King Charles will have taken place to get to this stage.”

It is thought Athena Mapelli Mozzi who was born in January 2025 would have been christened earlier this year, had it not been for the scandal engulfing her grandparents. Her older sister Sienna was baptised in 2022 within six months of her birth.

It marks a huge return for Andrew and Fergie into the royal limelight. Andrew was stripped of all his royal titles in October and a formal notice was given for him to move out of Royal Lodge in Windsor and “move to alternative private accommodation”.

His links to paedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein have caused problems for the Royal Family despite the fact he has always strongly denied any wrongdoing.

The decision was made, and action taken by the Firm, due to serious lapses in Andrew’s judgement, it is understood.

Princess Beatrice
Athena Mapelli Mozzi is the second daughter of Princess Beatrice

Beatrice’s sister Eugenie and her husband Jack Brooksbank will also attend what is expected to be a private ceremony. Athena was premature when she was born and the baby weighed 4lb 5oz when she was delivered at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital on January 22.

Speaking of the birth, Beatrice said: “Nothing quite prepares you for the moment when you realise your baby is going to arrive early… there’s so little control.”

There will also be European royals attending, including Princess Nina of Greece and Denmark, 38, who is Athena’s godmother.

For Andrew and Sarah, it will be their first significant public appearance since they attended the funeral of the Duchess of Kent at Westminster Cathedral in September 2025, when they still had their royal titles.

Related Posts

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s surprising new job for first time after eviction

Since stepping back from official duties in 2019, Prince Andrew has remained a subject of public interest, particularly regarding his residence, financial arrangements, and relationship with the Royal…

Meghan Markle Accidentally Confirms Prince Harry Rumor

Public interest in the lives of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex remains high, particularly when new projects involving Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are released. Recently,…

Mystery woman in Epstein file photo with Andrew finally identified

The long-running investigation into the activities of convicted financier Jeffrey Epstein continues to generate public interest, particularly regarding individuals who had documented associations with him. Among the most widely…

‘I worked for Princess Eugenie – here’s what she’s really like behind closed doors’

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, the daughters of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, have maintained a relatively low public profile in recent months, a pattern that has…

The Royal Family Shares an Important Update on 18-Year-Old James

James Alexander Philip Theo Mountbatten-Windsor, known publicly as the Earl of Wessex, reached his 18th birthday on 17 December 2025. While this milestone is a routine transition…

Princess Diana’s Death Reexamined: Alarming New Clues Shatter the “Accident” Story!

Princess Diana’s tragic death in Paris on August 31, 1997, alongside Dodi Fayed, the son of businessman Mohamed Al Fayed, shocked the world and led to decades…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *