Prince Harry’s court case suffers major new blow

Prince Harry

Prince Harry’s court case has suffered a major blow as a private investigator has claimed that he never carried out any bugging, disputing a claim put forward by one of the claimants. Baroness Lawrence, like Prince Harry, is one of seven people suing the publishers of the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday – Associated Newspapers Limited – for alleged unlawful information gathering.

This includes phone hacking and bugging. However, Baroness Lawrence’s – who is the mother of the murdered teenager Stephen Lawrence – main claim is that private investigator Jonathan Rees had been paid by the Daily Mail – who deny all allegations against them – for “secretly stealing information” about her.

This is something he has now told Channel 4’s investigation programme, Dispatches, that never happened

This revelation comes a month before the trial, which is expected to cost more than £38m, will begin in January.

Baroness Lawrence, who claimed her phone conversations had been listened to, said: “Jonathan Rees confirmed that he had done more things for the Daily Mail… aimed at secretly stealing information about me and the investigations into Stephen’s murder.”

This is something Mr Rees has denied, telling Dispatches that while he was offered to do these things, he “didn’t get involved.”

As reported by The Telegraph, when told that Baroness Lawrence’s witness statement was “based on your confirmation that you had done the bugging operation”, Mr Rees said: “Right, well they’re going to have to rethink that, and their legal team is going to have to re-think that.”

Baroness Lawrence
Baroness Lawrence is one of the claimants (Image: imee McGhee/Dave Benett/Getty Images for Women of the Year)

This is not the only blow the upcoming court case has faced so far, as just weeks ago another private investigator Gavin Burrows said a witness statement by Prince Harry’s legal team, which reportedly saw Mr Burrows claim he had been involved in hacking and bugging, was “false”.

Mr Burrow claimed his signature was “forged”.

Related Posts

High hopes for Team GB as they target best-ever medal haul at Winter Olympics

Team GB have perhaps their highest hopes yet as they head to Italy for the Milan Cortina Winter Olympics this week. The medal target is between four…

Truth behind Harry’s life in America revealed

Since stepping back from senior royal duties in 2020, Prince Harry has pursued a new life in the United States alongside his wife, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex….

Meghan Markle Marked A Most Special Occasion With Private Photos & Videos Of Princess Lilibet

To mark International Day of the Girl 2025, a global celebration founded by the United Nations in 2011, Meghan Markle posted on Instagram, giving the audience a…

Prince Harry Breaks Silence: A “Shocking” Turning Point for the Sussexes

Since stepping back from their roles as senior working members of the British royal family in 2020, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have steadily rebuilt their lives…

Prince Harry Breaks Silence On Meghan Markle Divorce Rumors

A recent interview with Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, published by Harper’s Bazaar, has generated significant public interest for its thoughtful focus on family life, professional development, and personal…

As Epstein-related files are revisited, Prince Andrew breaks his silence — and Meghan Markle is pulled into the center of public debate in an entirely unexpected way

Public interest in the British royal family remains high, particularly when stories involve legal controversies and widely reported investigations. In early 2024 and continuing into 2025, renewed…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *